Some days are really tough for me with handling deadlines, balancing accounts and bills, day job struggles and new projects… and it got me thinking how life was easy when I was a child. Guess I was strange in that I wasn’t eager to grow up.
At that time, I had my hand drawn comic books to play with and they kept me busy all day. I had a huge imagination which is probably why I love to write.
Anyway, I had some of the most simple and silliest thoughts and things I did that I’d figured would be fun to share with you today. You might be able to identify with at least one of these!
- I thought there were people inside the radio making it speak.
- I couldn’t pronounce grandma or grandmother, so I used to say “grog grog” and later I added a ‘y’ so I named her Groggy to everyone until she passed away in 1999.
- I pronounced spaghetti as basghetti.
- I couldn’t understand why when you turn off the TV and turned it on hours later that the program wouldn’t pick up where I left off.
- I didn’t realize that every time I had a birthday so did my mother, I thought she be the same age forever.
- I used to eat chalk.
- I thought everybody lived “happily ever after”.
- I thought street cleaning machines would suck me under them and turn me into soap.
- All was right in the world with McDonald’s cheeseburger, fries and a vanilla shake.
- I couldn’t figure out how the presidents’ pictures got on top of coins.
- How did my baby brother get in my mother’s stomach?
I wasn’t a child but had to add this, when the blue M&M’s came out in 1995, I’d avoid eating them cause I was convinced I’d get a sore throat because of the blue color!
These kinda made me chuckle, so what did you believe when you were a kid? I’d love for you to share!