I subscribe to Betty Crocker’s newsletter and they daily send recipes and this stuffed manicotti got me all hungry to make it!
This dish is pretty easy to make too, so let’s do it!
Stuffed Chicken ManicottiCourse: Ordinary Recipes Made Gourmet
1 jar (25.5 oz.) Muir Glen™ organic pasta sauce (any variety)
3/4 cup water
1 tsp. garlic salt
1 1/2 lb. uncooked chicken breast tenders (not breaded)
14 uncooked manicotti shells (8 oz.)
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 oz.)
Chopped fresh basil leaves, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F. In medium bowl, mix pasta sauce and water. Spread about 1/3 of the pasta sauce mixture in ungreased 13×9 inch (3-quart) glass baking dish.
- Sprinkle garlic salt on chicken. Insert chicken into uncooked manicotti shells, stuffing from each end of shell to fill if necessary.
- Place shells on pasta sauce in baking dish. Pour remaining pasta sauce evenly over shells, covering completely. Cover with foil.
- Bake about 1 hour or until chicken is no longer pink in center and shells are tender.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Bake uncovered about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top with basil (optional).