Thanks to Food Network, I love to roast garlic. I was looking at an episode of “Boy Meets Grill“, where Bobby Flay roasted some garlic. I can’t even remember what he was making that day…all I could think of was how good that roasted garlic must taste like.
I immediately downloaded the recipe, ran to the grocery store to buy some fresh garlic. There’s so many dishes that you can make with it and the aroma from the kitchen while they’re in the oven! Oh Mama! I use it in soups, dips, on bread, just about everything I cook has garlic in it.
There’s a lot of ingredients and spices that I love to keep in my kitchen and one of them is definitely garlic. It just has such a way of spicing up any dish. Just rubbing it on French bread with a little Extra Virgin Olive Oil and toasting it is so good. So, today’s post isn’t a recipe for a dish but mainly how I like to roast garlic and you only need three ingredients! You should try if you haven’t already!
Roasting GarlicCourse: Ordinary Recipes Made Gourmet
Fresh garlic cloves
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Remove the outer leaves of the garlic and cut off the heads.
- Put the garlic on aluminum foil in a pan, drizzle them with the oil to coat and sprinkle salt on them. Wrap the foil tightly around the garlic.
- Roast in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until the cloves feel soft when pressed.
- Let them cool off before handling them. Once cooled, you can use your fingers to squeeze the cloves out. They’re very soft at this point and so good.
- You can add them to any recipe you like and refrigerate what you don’t use.