I can eat a cupcake any time of the day. These are easy to bake and if you want a little healthier option, omit the icing. Just add some orange slices instead. I, myself can resist a lil icing on top! Try these yourself.
For breakfast, I like to eat light so that I don’t crash out by 2 PM. I used to skip it when I was in my teens but now I don’t. I really look forward to breakfast time reading through emails, writing down my daily activities, and taking time to pray before work. It’s my quiet, happy time.
And now for the recipe for these cute cupcakes!
Orange CupcakesCourse: Ordinary Recipes Made Gourmet
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. butter
3 eggs, separated
2/3 c. orange juice
1 1/2 c. sifted flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. of orange zest
Sliced oranges for topping
- In a mixing bowl, beat slightly softened butter (not melted) until light, gradually adding sugar.
- Add beaten egg yolks. Add dry ingredients alternately and orange zest with orange juice.
- Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Bake in a greased cupcake pan for 20 minutes at 375°F.
- Top with some sliced orange and enjoy!