How about a slice of cranberry orange bread for breakfast? I can go for this anytime. I’d even love a glass of cranberry orange juice to go with it! 🙂
Can be made in a bread machine too but I haven’t tried that method yet!
Orange Cranberry BreadCourse: Ordinary Recipes Made Gourmet
1 tbsp. orange zest
1/2 c. fresh orange juice
2-1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1 c. sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 large eggs
4 tbsp. butter, melted
2 c. fresh cranberries or 2 c. frozen cranberries, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F and grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan and have it ready.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another small bowl, beat eggs lightly with a whisk or fork, then stir in melted butter, orange peel, and orange juice.
- Add the wet mixture to the flour mixture, and stir with a spoon until the batter is just mixed, then fold in the cranberries (batter will be stiff).
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake in the preheated oven for 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out fairly clean (a crumb or two can stick to it, but you don’t want wet batter).
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then remove from the pan and finish cooling on the wire rack. Slice and serve.