I LOVE a good pizza! But, the toppings are the thing to watch out for. So, I went to my Pinterest board to look for some healthy Breakfast Pizza recipes to share today. Some have meat and some don’t. The important thing is getting a good start to the day with something that’s actually good for us.
Here’s my round-up today!
- 6 egg whites
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk or milk of choice
- 1/2 cup baby spinach
- 16 ounces turkey breakfast sausage
- 5 cups shredded potatoes 1 regular sized 16 oz frozen bag 12-ounces
- 2 tbsp light cheddar cheese omit for dairy free
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Prepare a 10.5-inch x 15.5-inch sheet pan with avocado cooking spray.
- Add the turkey sausage to a skillet and bring to medium heat. Break the sausage up with a spatula as it cooks. Once cooked, drain and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs with milk, salt, pepper & spinach.
- Layer shredded potatoes in an even layer on the sheet pan. Sprinkle the sausage over the potatoes. Pour the eggs and spinach mixture over the top. You may need to spread it so it’s in an even layer.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top.
- Bake at 375 F 25-30 minutes until eggs are set.
- Remove from the oven and slice with a sheet pan safe knife into 16 squares to serve immediately.
Tater Tot Breakfast Pizza
- 30 oz tater tot crowns
- 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup cooked, crumbled bacon
- 3/4 cup cooked, crumbled sausage
- Preheat oven to 425˚F.
- Line the bottom of a 12-inch greased cast iron skillet with tater tot crowns and then line the sides of the pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
- While baking, heat the oil in a pan over medium heat. Whisk together the eggs and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Cook the eggs until just set (they will cook more in the oven).
- Remove the tater tots from the oven and use a spatula to press down on top and sides of the pizza to smash the tater tots a bit.
- Top with one cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Add the scrambled eggs, sausage crumbles and another cup of shredded cheese, making sure the cheese reaches the tater tots on the sides of the pans.
- Sprinkle with the crumbled bacon and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- 2 whole wheat pitas
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup fontina cheese low-fat, shredded (mozzarella can be substituted)
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano leaves dried, not ground
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 2 eggs large
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper ground
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- Place each pita on the baking sheet and brush with olive oil. Divide cheese between the pitas and spread in an even layer. Sprinkle with oregano and garlic powder. Arrange the spinach on each pita, about 1/2 cup per pita, in a ring. Leaving a space in the middle with no spinach.
- Once the oven is hot, carefully break each egg into the center of the spinach ring. Bake for 6 to 7 minutes or until the egg whites are set. The yolks will be runny. If a more hard yolk is desired, increase the bake time.
- Cut before serving, add salt and pepper to taste, and enjoy!
- 1 flax egg (1 Tablespoon ground flax seed + 3 Tablespoons water)
- 1+1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 3 Tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup agave can substitiute with honey if not vegan
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch salt
Greek Yogurt Filling:
- 1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt can substitute with a plant based yogurt; see notes
- juice from 1/2 orange
Fruit Topping (suggestions):
- 1 kiwi peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh pineapple diced
- 1/4 cup fresh mango diced
- 1/4 cup fresh strawberries slices
- 1/4 cup blackberries
- 9-inch tart pan or springform pan
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Make flax “egg”: In a small bowl, mix ground flaxseed with water. Let sit 5-10 minutes until it becomes gelatinous.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix all the ingredients for the crust.
- Press down into an even layer in a tart pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely before removing from the pan. You can put it in the fridge to speed up this step!
- Mix together yogurt and orange juice. Spread a thin layer on top of crust.
- Top with desired fruit and drizzle with honey (optional). Cut into slices and serve. Leftovers keep in the fridge for about 5 days.
To make the yogurt filling, vegan yogurt can be too thin. You can add vegan cream cheese to vegan yogurt to thicken it up!
- 1 cup or 5 oz. all purpose or white whole wheat flour*
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup non-fat Greek yogurt (not regular, drained if theres any liquid)
- handful baby spinach
- 2 ounces 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 cherry tomatoes (sliced)
- 4 large eggs
- 2 strips cooked center cut bacon (chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 450F. Place a silicone liner on a large baking sheet or spray with oil if using parchment.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt and whisk well.
- Add the yogurt and mix with a fork or spatula until well combined, it will look like small crumbles.
- Lightly dust flour on a work surface and remove dough from the bowl, knead the dough a few times until dough is tacky, but not sticky, about 20 turns (it should not leave dough on your hand when you pull away).
- Divide into 4 equal balls about 3-3/8 oz each.
- Sprinkle a work surface and rolling pin with a little flour roll the dough out into thin ovals 7 to 8 inches in diameter and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Top with spinach, mozzarella and tomatoes, leaving the center open for the egg. Gently break an egg the center of each dough and finish with bacon.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, until the crust is golden and the egg is set. Season with salt and pepper.
*For gluten free, suggest using Cup4Cup multipurpose flour.