Looking for a great side dish for Thanksgiving? Try this one with any of that extra zucchini you have.
It’s a quick, easy way to use it up and it makes a nice presentation for the dinner table!
Grilled Zucchini Rolls with Bacon and CheeseCourse: Ordinary Recipes Made Gourmet
Recipe from The Budding Gourmet
1 very large or 3 small zucchini
8-10 bacon rashes
kosher salt, to taste
freshly ground black pepper
3-1/2 oz. herbed goat cheese
- Preheat grill to high heat.
Slice a strip lengthwise from the zucchini to expose the inside of the vegetable. Discard or reserve for another use. Cut the 2 ends from the zucchini to make straight edges. Cut the zucchini lengthwise into 1/2-inch strips.
- Brush both sides of the zucchini pieces liberally with olive oil. Season well with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Lay the zucchini pieces on the grill at a 45-degree angle (for more attractive grill marks). Cook until the zucchini is very tender, but not mushy, about 3 minutes per side, moving the pieces during cooking to ensure even browning.
- Remove zucchini from the grill. Set a wire cooling rack on top of a bowl to give the cooling rack extra clearance from the counter. Drape the zucchini pieces on the rack to cool. This method will stop the zucchini from steaming will cooling.
- In a pan, cook the bacon rashes for a few minutes.
- Place goat cheese in a medium bowl and stir it.
- Add a strip of bacon over the zucchini, spread a layer of the goat cheese mixture onto one side of each zucchini piece. Gently roll each piece of zucchini. Serve.
- Makes 8 to 10 rolls.