I can’t eat salmon enough. I just love, love, love this fish. It’s so buttery, flaky, and just um um good! Grilled makes it even better. And you know…I almost didn’t realize that I had this Kraft’s Kitchens Calendar from 2004 with some mouth-watering recipes for each month.
I’ve been re-using the calendar for this year and it dawned on me that the dishes on it are perfect for sharing. I flipped through the months and found this one for August (the month of my birthday, LOL) + it’s perfect for summer when we all love to get out and grill!
Grilled Cedar-Planked SalmonCourse: Ordinary Recipes Made Gourmet
Inspired from 2004 Krafts Kitchens Calendar (August)
1 untreated cedar plank (14x7x1 inch)
1/2 c. Kraft Sun Dried Tomato Vinaigrette Dressing
1/4 c. finely chopped fresh parsley
1/4 c. finely chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
1 tbsp. oil
1 salmon fillet (2 lb.), 1-inch thick
Sesame seeds (optional)
Lemons sliced for topping
- Immerse plank in water, placing a weight on top of plank to keep it submerged. Soak 4 hours or overnight.
- Heat grill to medium heat. Mix dressing, parsley and tomatoes; set aside.
- Brush top of plank with oil; top with fish. Place on grill; cover grill with lid.
- Grill 10 minutes. Brush fish with dressing mixture; grill 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork. Top with seeds and lemon.
- I also like to pour some lemon juice over the fish too for extra flavor!