This soup’s perfect for something light when you feel like eating soup and it’s not exactly cold outside. But let me tell you, it’s addicting!
Lovely recipe and pic from my Kraft's 2004 calendar
No Words Wednesday: French Onion SoupCourse: Ordinary Recipes Made Gourmet
Recipe and Photo from Kraft’s 2004 calendar
2 tbsp. margarine or butter
3 large Spanish onions, peeled, sliced
1 can (14-1/2 oz.) beef broth
3 c. cold water
1 bay leaf
6 slices French bread, toasted
1 c. Kraft Shredded Swiss Cheese
1/4 c. Kraft Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Melt margarine in large skillet on medium heat.
- Add onions; cook about 15 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently.
- Add broth, water and bay leaf; stir. Cover; simmer 15 minutes. Remove and discard bay leaf.
- Cheesy Toast French Bread
- Preheat broiler. Ladle hot soup evenly into 6 ovenproof bowls; top each bowl of soup with a toast slice.
- Sprinkle evenly with cheeses. Broil 5 to 10 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.