If you ever get a craving for a small dessert that you can pop in your mouth, today I got you covered with these delicious cream-filled puffs! They are addictive too!
The filling can be anything you choose. Also, these are topped with powdered sugar, but you can use chocolate syrup to make them even more sensational. Also, makes a great dessert for entertaining or to bring to a potluck!
Photos from publicdomainpictures.net
Creamy Cream-Filled PuffsCourse: Ordinary Recipes Made Gourmet
1/2 c. butter
1 c. boiling water
1 c. pre-sifted flour
1/4 tsp. salt
- Vanilla Cream Filling
1/3 c. sugar
2 c. milk
2 tbsp. butter
2 tsp. vanilla
2 tbsp. cornstarch
2 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- Put butter and water in small saucepan; stir over high heat until melted and liquid is boiling rapidly.
- Add flour and salt at once; raise saucepan a few inches above heat. Stir briskly.
- Mixture will come away from sides of pan and form a ball in center.
- Cook and stir 30 seconds more. Remove from heat.
- Break 1 egg into the paste; beat fast until smooth and fluffy. Repeat until all the eggs are used.
- Drop by whatever size you want (1/4 cup) onto ungreased cookie sheet 3 inches apart.
- Bake at 350 degrees until puffed and golden 35-40 minutes. Cool away from drafts.
- Cut off tops and fill with filling or ice cream.
- For the Cream Filling
- Mix sugar, cornstarch and eggs in 2-quart saucepan.
- Stir in milk gradually. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture thickens and boils.
- Remove from heat; stir in butter and vanilla. Cool and fill cream puffs.