Cranberries fit into my favorite berry category right alongside raspberries, strawberry, black, and blueberries.
I usually eat cranberries around Thanksgiving, but not necessarily in a dessert or pastry. Cranberries has that tarty taste which I love but with the sugar added to them in this recipe, it sweetens them up just right for a sweet dish! I can have these with a cold glass of milk right now!
Cranberry MuffinsCourse: Ordinary Recipes Made Gourmet
1 cup cranberries
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups flour
4 tsps. baking powder
3/4 tsp. salt
1 cup milk
3 tbsps. melted butter
- Chop cranberries and sprinkle with half the sugar.
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt and remaining sugar together.
- Beat egg slightly, combine with milk and melted butter and add to dry ingredients. Stir only until blended.
- Then fold in cranberries.
- Transfer to buttered muffin pans and bake in hot oven, 425 degrees F. for about 25 minutes. Makes about 12 medium sized muffins.