I didn’t grow eating broccoli although I do love green veggies. When I moved out on my own, I experimented with quite a number of ingredients I had never tried and broccoli was among the list. Well, at first I didn’t like it but with melted cheese on top, I quickly changed my mind.
This is an easy recipe and great way to eat broccoli.
Broccoli Cheese QuicheCourse: Ordinary Recipes Made Gourmet
1 (10 oz.) pkg. chopped broccoli
1/4 c. chopped onion
1/3 c. shredded cheese
1 1/2 c. milk
3/4 c. Bisquick or Jiffy mix
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Grease 10 inch pie pan.
- Partially cook broccoli until it can be separated and place in the bottom of pie pan.
- Cover broccoli with shredded cheese and chop onion.
- Beat milk, baking mix, eggs, salt, and pepper for 1 minute with electric mixer.
- Pour over broccoli and cheese.
- Sprinkle top with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 35 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean.