Berries are one of my favorite fruits and I sure love them in desserts too. This recipe I found in the 2004 Kraft’s Kitchens Calendar that I managed to get my hot little hands on! The photo comes from that catalog as well.
Let’s hop to the recipe!
Blueberry Croissant Puff
3 large croissants, cut up
1-1/2 c. fresh or frozen blueberries
1 pkg. (8 oz.) Philadelphia cream cheese or Philadelphia Neufchatel cheese, one-third less fat than cream cheese, softened
2/3 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1-1/4 c. milk
- Place croissant pieces evenly in 10 (1/2 cup) ramekins. Sprinkle with blueberries.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, eggs, and vanilla in medium bowl with electric mixer until well blended.
- Gradually add milk, beating until smooth. Pour evenly over croissant pieces. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 – 25 minutes or until set in centers and golden brown. Serve warm sprinkled with powdered sugar. Makes 10 servings.
- Variation: make puff in one baking dish. Mix cream cheese batter as directed; pour into 9-inch square baking dish. Let stand 20 minutes. Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 to 40 minutes or until set in center and golden brown.