Another banana load bread recipe! This time nothing more than just the bananas and the bread! Not only is it great for breakfast but doubles as a dessert too!
Banana Loaf BreadCourse: Ordinary Recipes Made Gourmet
Parchment or wax paper
2 c. flour
1 c. sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. each ground nutmeg and salt
3 medium (1 cup) ripe bananas, mashed; save some extra slices to top the load when done
1/3 c. oil
1/4 c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper or wax paper extending paper up sides of pan; set aside.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt on a sheet of parchment or wax paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine bananas, eggs, oil, milk and vanilla extract.
- Add dry ingredients to banana mixture; stir just until moistened. Pour into parchment lined-pan.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan.
- Use edges of parchment to lift bread from pan onto a wire rack. Pull back edges of parchment. Cool completely. Makes 12 servings.
- Slice some bananas to top the bread if you like.