I always make New Year’s resolutions but could never keep them. I had these lofty goals that I wanted to achieve but they weren’t realistic. I believe you have to set goals that are easy and reachable.
After first quarter 2021, I assessed my goals to see where I was and happy that so far I’m on track. Click here for the original post where I named my original goals. NOTE: unfortunately, I did have to change one of these due to the pandemic.
- Eat healthier. Instead of the slice of chocolate cake when I have sweet fetish, reach for fresh fruit. Oranges, strawberries, grapes… juicy fruits. Also, how about a homemade banana shake?! Blending bananas, milk and vanilla frozen yogurt with some ice cubes makes a nice and healthy frothy drink. Fresh fruit makes a great snack and by eating them, I’m still getting my sweets in but just in a better way. Plus, fruit is great for breakfast.
- Simpler exercising. I do stretching exercises as I don’t go out much anymore. I don’t sit at my office desk for hours and hours. I get up and move around, sometimes it’s jumping or running in place as long as I’m moving.
- Get to bed on time. Nighttime seems to be when I get my groove, I like to create, craft and write but I was up till 2, 3 and sometimes 4 AM, getting about 5 hours sleep before I have to get up to do my day job. That’s not good. My limit is now midnight so I tell myself I can’t be up past that no matter what I’m working on.
- Drink more water. I don’t have a natural taste for water, but I know my body needs it so in the morning, I drink plain water. Later in the day, I switch to flavored water with no sugar added or I drink sparkling water.
- Write more often. GUIG was on hold for a few years but has made a significant resurgence. I love the new platform this blog is on and so it encourages me to write everyday.
- De-clutter. This applies to clothes I’m not wearing and items I’m not using. I grab a large garbage bag, fill it up, and donate it. Or, gift it to a friend. If I haven’t worn something in at least six months, chances are I never will so why let it sit in my closet? This also applies to my crafting. Last year, I had my first Instagram giveaway and it was so successful that I’m going to do another one end of this year. I can’t wait! And besides, de-cluttering is a great way to relieve undue stress.
Realistic goals are much easier to accomplish. I’m looking forward to see where I am at the end of the 2nd quarter. In past, I would have to re-work my resolutions because I couldn’t keep them.
So, did you have any resolutions for this year? Have you been doing well keeping them? Tell me about it by leaving a comment below!