Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day, but sometimes when I’m really busy I’ve skipped it. So, I was looking through Pinterest for some quick, healthy and easy toast recipes! And even easier, you probably have other ingredients like cheese, tomatoes, and fruit on hand.
You could even do a meal planning for the week with these dishes.
Monday >> Microwave Poached Eggs on Toast
Easy Peasy recipe cause we’re poaching the eggs in the microwave! This is perfect when you’re short on time.
Large Egg (freshest you can find)
Apple cider vinegar
In a custard cup, combine 1 egg, 1 tablespoon vinegar, 3 tablespoons water, and this is very important – you MUST poke the yoke with a toothpick 2 to 3 times. Now, microwave on high for 30 to 35 seconds, depending on microwave power and the doneness that you like. Using a slotted ladle, strain off water and place them on your toast. Top with salt, pepper, and parsley or even dill.
Tuesday >> Blueberries on Toast
Most of us have fruit in the frig so you can do this toast recipe with any fruit you have, even apple slices!
Toast up your favorite bread and top with blueberries and maple syrup.
Toast is always good on its own with your favorite fruits on the side. I love strawberries, raspberries and cranberries but also I love a bananas or oranges sliced with toast too!
Wednesday >> Quick Masala French Toast, recipe from Archana’s Kitchen
3 Whole Wheat Brown Bread
4 Whole Eggs
Sunflower Oil or butter as required
2 tablespoons Milk
1 tablespoon Red Chili flakes
Salt to your taste
3 sprig Coriander (Dhania) Leaves, finely chopped
1/4 tablespoon Black pepper powder
1 Onion , finely chopped
2 to 3 Green Chilies, finely chopped
- To begin making the Quick Masala French Toast recipe, beat the eggs in a mixing bowl.
- Add milk, beat it again and make sure that it is mixed properly. Add chili flakes, salt and black pepper.
- Once it is done, heat oil in a wide pan. Take a bread slice, dip it in the egg mixture and put it on the pan.
- Spread some onion, green chilies and coriander on the top of bread and pour some egg mixture on it again.
- Turn the bread and let the other side also cooked properly. Once it turns light brown in color, take it out of the stove and it is ready to be served.
- Serve Quick Masala French Toast on its own with a cup of hot Espresso Coffee or Masala Tea for a filling breakfast.
Thursday >> Avocado Toast (recipe from Simple Green Moms)
How about adding an egg to avocado and serving it up on toast? Delicious!
2 slices of bread (toasted)
1 small avocado
1 teaspoon lime juice
sea salt + black pepper
parsley (optional for topping)
Prepare toast and fried eggs to personal preference. Peel and mash avocado with the lime juice, salt and pepper. Spread avocado evenly on each slice of toast then top each with a fried eggs and additional seasonings you prefer. Serve immediately.
Friday >> Balsamic Roasted Tomatoes & Hummus Toast (recipe from Georgie Eats)
I have never tried this recipe before, but oh my goodness, I need to!
- 2-4 vines of cherry tomatoes (dependent on size)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp hummus
- 4 slices crusty sourdough bread
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Sprinkle sunflower seeds
- Preheat the oven to 170°c fan/190°c/375°f.
- Mix the garlic, balsamic and olive oil in a small bowl. Place your vine tomatoes into an ovenproof dish and drizzle them with the balsamic mixture and a generous pinch of sea salt and black pepper. Roast in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until blistering and soft.
- Toast your bread to however you like it, then spread generously with hummus. Arrange the toast between two plates and top with the roasted tomatoes and a spoonful of the balsamic mixture from the bottom of the baking dish. Sprinkle with sunflower seeds plus a grind of black pepper and enjoy whilst still hot. Best served immediately.
That’s my weekly line-up! Hope these recipes inspire you especially if you’re one that tends to skip breakfast because of lack of time. These dishes should help you out. Let me know in the comments if you try any of these!