Not everything in life comes with an instruction manual. But Thank The Lord we have the Bible, it’s 66 books full of wisdom, testimonies, prophecies and promises. I heard one pastor abbreviate it to stand for:
B – Basic
I – Instructions
B – Before
L – Leaving
E – Earth
Isn’t that cool? I love the Bible and I thank God for it everyday because without it, I would be eternally lost.
Below are my 10 reasons why this is the best book to read:
- God wrote it so that we wouldn’t have to scramble through life without a some kind of guide.
- The people in it were like us and struggled through the same things we do and their stories are encouraging while others are a warning to avoid making the same mistakes they made.
- The prophecies foretold have and are still coming true today.
- There are promises to God’s people to remind us that our God is almighty to handle anything we go through.
- The history explains how life began and why we’re in this spiritual war.
- The book of Proverbs contains so much wisdom and to discern right from wrong.
- There’s songs and prayers of worship as a pick-me-up to bring laughter to feed the soul.
- The Bible teaches us how to pray giving us insight into the heart of God.
- It lets us into what to expect in the future when Jesus returns for the church.
- Best of all, we know in the end God wins over the enemy! And His people who receive Him will be with Him forevermore!
When you’re trying to assemble a piece of furniture, you know how important those instructions are, right? Without them, the piece won’t get put together correctly.
And, in order to live triumphantly, we need the Bible.